Algae UPDATE

Lanzo

LAN
DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

It is still alot of green and red.
how can i get rid of all this algae, i can't find any sea hares or any other kind of snails.
this photo is taken today(3 wc's of 10%),i still need to do this weeks wc.

Its actually looking a lot better Lanzo.
I think if you keep doing the water changes,you'll have it all gone before to long.

But you still need some snails in there.

how will the algae dissepear with the wc?
I tougth that the wc will only make my phos and nitrate ect. levels go down?(will the wc get rid of the algae or do i need algae eating inverts?)

I also have tiny little air bubbles in DT, do i need to worry?

The water changes Do help get rid of nitrates and phosphates.So bascially what happens,is you end up starving the algae out.

Algae feeds on nitrates and phosphates. Water changes remove nitrates and phosphates. Algae dies.

Order snails online. In my opinion, you cannot have a successful tank without a cleaner crew. If you can't find them locally, you will have to order them.

It is looking much better. It can (and will) take months to get rid of algae. Be patient, it's coming along well.

also, try to direct flow from a powerhead at any problem spot. it will help clear that area up. i agree on the cleanup crew. few turbo snails and nerite's will do wonders. i personally like the nerite's because they stay small. you can have 50 of them in your tank and hardly notice them.

Speaking of cleanup crew....E-Tropical.com have free shipping on their clean up package.Excellent customer service and guarantee.

Glad to here things are getting better.

thanks for all the advise!!!
Will they ship it to S.A and will they still be alive?
This might sound stupid but will they deliver it too my door or what will happen.

Back