Algae

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
How long did it take for your algae to start dying off in your new tank? My tank is a little over 4 months now and am going through some algae problems, nothing to crazy but I am assuming its because my tank is still young.

Salty,
If it makes yu feel any better,I'm still having some algae issues in mine too.They will eventually slow down to the point of either being unnoticeable,or completely stop showing up.Its all just part of the tank maturing.

After about 4 months mine started clearing up but now it still grows but the cleanup crew keeps up with it pretty much.

I try to clean it up when it gets to be a problem like when hair algae starts growing on the rocks, but if its small I give it time for the cleanup crew to eat it. I clean all my glass except the back I leave it alone and it stays clean.

I would clean it like everyone else stated
Mine has just now really started to Clear up and i was a cleaning FREAK for about 2 weeks lol !

I have some (hair) still in my 36 that is finally dying off. it was a long battle of scrubbing rocks and becoming smart and only using ro/di water. If you are using tap water for anything i would stop immediately

So - I may be answering my own question but do you guys turn off all the circulation equipment when you're cleaning up algae, and then siphon it off during the water change? If I leave all my equipment on and scrape the algae off - it's blows all over the place...

So - I may be answering my own question but do you guys turn off all the circulation equipment when you're cleaning up algae, and then siphon it off during the water change? If I leave all my equipment on and scrape the algae off - it's blows all over the place...

Thats a good point.

I actually turned them off for the first time last week when I was cleaning.

Back