Algae

rugerman

Reefing newb
I put live rock in my new tank a week ago and now I have brown algae all over the sand and live rock in my tank.Is this normal? If not could someone give me some advise on how to take care of it.Thanks

First I would refer you to the helpful articles. there is specific information there to explain the science/chemistry/ cycle/process of it all. once you understand what causes the problem you are having then you will be able to grasp the fix. do read the articles marked for beginner systems etc and specifically the articles on algae, there are several. check you water parameters. if you have nitrates, phosphates, or silicates, you need to address thoes issues 1st, otherwise the algae will dissapear when the food source is removed. for now work with your water quality to correct the problem. hope this helps. if after reading the helpful articles you still are not clear. post back here with specific information and we will try to help you. at this point and with the information given the problem could be neutrients, cycling processes, amonia is also a food of sorts. keep us posted. pics would help.

Its normal for now.Check out John's advice on the articles.He has taken his time to provide a wealth of knowlage for all use.

Back