Alkalinity - How Corals Grow

Ulta

REEFER
Wow, so a certian post sparked an interest in me trying to learn some more about alk and water chemistry I think I found a jackpot informative thread that explains it very well.

Looks like this guy put in a LOT of time and research into the subject (as far as even doing a study taking data of reef central's tanks of the months)
Basically I wasn't wrong saying that Alk is basically a buffer for other things. But it is much more complex than that. Even to the point of saying Alk should be the basis for testing your aquarium (The PRIMARY testing tool).
It seems that Alkalinity, Calcium, PH, Phosphate, and Magnesium ALL intertwine together so it is good to understand the relation between them.

I found this article to be super user friendly he does his best to put everything in lamens terms and supports everything with nice practical application to give you a great visual to help your understanding. He even backs up his information with links to the various sources that he got most of his information from.

Here is the Link:
Alkalinity - How Corals Grow

Let me know what you guys think! :Cheers:

Back