all i can say is retard

LOL....I was thinking it's either he got bit, or it's one of those trick videos that makes you watch closely then hits you with some screaming banshee looking image to make you jump.

Saw this a few weeks ago when I was doing mantis shrimp research.

Needless to say, my jaw dropped. I about dropped a deuce when he wanted to show the camera his claws.

I used to hand feed Jefferson Davis(my mantis) by hand.You'd be surprised at just easy they can be tamed.Of course,like anything else,you take a huge chance everytime you feed it that its wild instincts wont kick in.
Thats why I finally got rid of mine.I was getting TOO comfortable having my hand in the tank.

I used to hand feed Jefferson Davis(my mantis) by hand.You'd be surprised at just easy they can be tamed.Of course,like anything else,you take a huge chance everytime you feed it that its wild instincts wont kick in.
Thats why I finally got rid of mine.I was getting TOO comfortable having my hand in the tank.

I find that cute, somehow.

They poisonous or something ?

Nope.There are actually 2 types of mantis.One uses a club to kill prey and the other uses like a harpoon.
Both can lay your hand wide open.I've heard the ones with clubs can bust the side glass out of a tank.

hahahaha, i went to my LFS today and they had one that was about .5 inches long for sale and everybody was staring in the tank like it was an alien, it was hilarious just to stand in the back and laugh at them

Back