All of our fish are dead...Advice needed please

I have no idea how long that would take show its ugly face,so cant help there.
As for how long to leave the tank fishless,my guess would be 6 to 8 weeks.But thats just a guess as I've never had to deal with Brooklynella.

I live at the Jersey Shore, we get infected with Brooklynella every summer, lasts about 8 weeks until about Labor Day and all the Bennies finally go home! Then we go to the beach in September and its nice and peacefull....

Do you have a UV lamp on that tank? After my first real bad disease die off I got one and it's marketly better in the tank. Get one online, way better prices.

I live at the Jersey Shore, we get infected with Brooklynella every summer, lasts about 8 weeks until about Labor Day and all the Bennies finally go home! Then we go to the beach in September and its nice and peacefull....

Do you have a UV lamp on that tank? After my first real bad disease die off I got one and it's marketly better in the tank. Get one online, way better prices.

Thanks. I'll get a UV unit. Any recommendations? I'd prefer an internal one rather than fiddling with pipework....are internal ones any good?

I think the more power the better, but in reality anything passing through it will be killed, so dead is dead. I have 57 watts on my 150 gallon tank. It has helped a lot.

nice Seabee lol!

I have a feeling that the cause is a combination of the low water temperature leading to stress which caused Ick or Brooklynela.

Back