Altohombre's 46 Gallon Showcase Showdown!

yeah I will do that. Oh btw, I named my Flame Angel "George Michael". I have recently gotten into the tv show Eli Stone which comes after Lost on Thursdays and George Michael has a funny role in the show. He is also a flamer who plays a delusional angel projection in the show, therefore Flame Angel. lol!

I just put on the Nova Extreme Pro's I got today. They look sweet! I also installed a 2nd Hydor Koralia 3 and got it situated so there is very minimal sand movement. I'll get another video up when I add another coral or two dozen.

Update: 3/30/08

Ok I promise I will get a new video up soon. I wanted to update on what has been going on with my tank the last couple of weeks.

I have added a Green torch that is very neon green, a neon green candy cane, a 2" Purple/Blue Ultra Crocea Clam that is now finally opening up a lot, and today I introduced a 3-4" Midas Blenny that is a great yellow/pink color. My rocks are turning nice shades of purple/pink/green in many spots with my Lalo Rock being the first to be fully covered and the Premium Select Fiji taking it a little slower.

I am still battling some brown algae on my sand and glass, and now seeing some scruff of green hair algae. I added 3 turbo snails (not Margaritas) today to help out with that.

CareCrowd.jpg

Still no pics? Bah humbug.

Alto you really need to do this more often! I think that you have one of the nicest tanks on the forum just wish we got to see it more. Really nice job!

Is that one of the clams you lost or did one just fall over?

Those duncans are HUGE! Super nice tank. Ok im done fauning all over you.

Thanks for all the praise.

I was inspired to do the video because I saw my mandarin directly below my duncans and above my "pink" ricordia and I thought it would be such a cool picture. However, since I don't have a camera I couldn't do anything about it but use the Point and Shoot video. I have been looking into getting a digital camera. Consumer reports rates the Canon Powershot series pretty well and since I am not willing to spend for a big monster camera those are prob in my range. I am not much of a picture guy because neither my gf or I like to be in photos.

When my hair algae goes away I will try to do another video. It really covers up the cool colors of the coralline rocks. I think I need to get some more CUC.

Alto the Kodak easyshare line is pretty decent too. The one I borrowed from my mom for the LFS tour back in Feb was less that 200 bucks and it takes great pics for a point and shoot.

I forgot to answer your question about the clam shell. That clam was a teardrop maxima that my gf bought me for my birthday. It died in two weeks and I had it in a location, but was cleaning last week and moved it and it's kinda just there. The coraline on it looks cool so I wanted to keep it in there.

I have had some turbos, however most of my snails seem to slowly either get eaten by my hermits or fall on their backs in a place I can't get to them and they die. My turbos mainly stay on the glass and don't help out with my GHA much.

Back