Amba's Dream Tank

Acro-thoa/Acro-zoa compositions look great. Try mixing different colors morphs so you get a rainbow tree :)

I am currently growing out frags of Tub's blue, green zoas and orange zoas for an acro-skeleton.

The biggest challenge will be the initial stages where hair algae would grow on the porous surface of the acro skeleton. Even a lawnmower blenny would have a hard time picking off the algae between the spikes.

Temp 77.0
pH 8.2
NH3/NH4 0
NO2 0
NO3 0
PO4 0
Mag 1350
Calcium 420
Salinity 1.025
Alk 9 dKH

Probably going to place two big orders this week, one from reefcleaners (pods, more snails, his test kits are cheap, and finally adding the mangroves) and BRS (going to try a few of their frag plug sizes, need new bone cutters and a couple other things). I bought out the gel superglue from my dollar store again, I'm pretty sure they think I'm some creep or something, buying 20 tubes of superglue every once in a while. Anyhoooo, just thought I'd update, even though there really isn't much going on.

. I bought out the gel superglue from my dollar store again, I'm pretty sure they think I'm some creep or something, buying 20 tubes of superglue every once in a while.

I felt like that the last time I went to buy glue! LOL Does it seem like to you that when you open one of these tubes of superglue they are half air? First squeeze and I am down to less than half a tube.

I bought my bone cutters on ebay, every BRS pair I ordered broke within weeks or rusted shortly after the first use. Bought some surgical grade cutters on ebay that work wonders and have yet to rust. They were about the same price and shipping was free too. just a recommendation from experience

I just buy one GIANT bottle from Ecotech.
oz for oz it's actually cheaper. And anonymous mail order. :mrgreen:

Ecotect_Cg_bottle.jpg

I felt like that the last time I went to buy glue! LOL Does it seem like to you that when you open one of these tubes of superglue they are half air? First squeeze and I am down to less than half a tube.

Yeah I can usually get a couple frags from one tube, which costs me $0.50. I don't frag on a large scale (yet anyway hehehe) so I don't really notice the expense.

I bought my bone cutters on ebay, every BRS pair I ordered broke within weeks or rusted shortly after the first use. Bought some surgical grade cutters on ebay that work wonders and have yet to rust. They were about the same price and shipping was free too. just a recommendation from experience

Can you link me? All the surgical grade I found were really expensive. Thanks!

Actually the tip does clog (unlike what they say) but it unscrews so it's easy to unclog. This is my first BIG bottle. Last time i had the smaller one. I'd probably recommend the smaller one unless you are going through a lot of glue.

I dunno if I'd say it works any better than regular super glue gel, but it works well.

seriously - what happened to amba? he was going to buy a frag pack of my stuff and we exchanged info and payment details and i got no response to texts or PMs.

i really hope the guy is doing ok... anybody live nearby or know him personally?

Herrrrrrrooo.
Not dead just insanely busy with school/new job/working 80 hour weeks, I haven't had time for the tank at all, and until recently haven't touched it besides feedings. Good news is everything is really taking off, here are a few quick pix. Recently got the 18 inch hollywood stunner chalice and just picked up a blasto a couple days ago, but those are the only new things in months.

Kjsw3tF.jpg

IojGUPE.jpg

Yeah I didn't change the colors in the pic at all, just enhanced the quality/brightness a bit. I picked it up for that reason, it's a nice color morph.

Back