Amba's Dream Tank

sir, you're alive! let me know if you're still interested in anything from our previous deal. glad to have you back and hopefully things ease up a bit for you.

Lost my Kole Tang apparently overnight. Was in perfect health (seemingly) eating and swimming fine with no observable sickness, and I found him today, without any color at all, bloated, floating. It appears to have been rotting as well, with a horrible smell and discolored/tearing flesh. Like I said, was fine yesterday. Only change in months has been adding that chalice. Other fish seem fine.

Hmm, how much room does that chalice take up compared to the total space on the bottom of the tank? My stunner chalice had some mean sweeper tentacles at night; wonder if maybe the kole tang drifted into a bunch and got stung? Not sure how likely that is but it sounds plausible. Any other tangs? I know my yellow tang killed my kole last year.

Lost my Kole Tang apparently overnight. Was in perfect health (seemingly) eating and swimming fine with no observable sickness, and I found him today, without any color at all, bloated, floating. It appears to have been rotting as well, with a horrible smell and discolored/tearing flesh. Like I said, was fine yesterday. Only change in months has been adding that chalice. Other fish seem fine.

did you QT? if so, how did that go, did you treat with copper and prazi? and how long has it been out?

I QT'd it but I have had it for months. The only new things in months are those two corals. I've had the Kole for maybe 6-8 months.

Landed myself in the ER with the worst flu ever. So sick =( Corals are looking good tho, in a week or two I'm going to frag out all my big colonies. I ordered 200 frag plugs from BRS and lots of dip. Got frogspawns, hammers, chalices, and acans all to frag up.

Fragged up 30 chalice frags, 8 hammers, 4 frogspawns, and a couple other little things. I have montis, acans, duncans, and other stuff to frag still. I'll post pics in the morning.

Back