Ammonia? WTH?!?!

Waddi

Shenanigans?
Why is my ammonia at 2.4?!? The tank has been running for about 2 months now,cycled, but now my ammonia is high, i think one of my turbo's is dead, not moving, but my hermits and copepods have not eaten it. Going to do a Water change and clean the filter. Any ideas?? Im getting some coral tomorrow too!! I have had this day down for a long time!! :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

Also just wondering could my lights be doing this?? My temp rises alot and goes down alot due to my MH, maybe this, or i have never done a water change after my cycle, or maybe my filter has never been cleaned. Just listing things off, now i feel stupid! :roll:

Thanks BJ, i just puked a little in my mouth. smelt pure ass, terror smell, haha ok so water change and filter cleaning tomorrow i guess. :D

Sounds like you have it all figured out, and i would try and stabilize your temp. Stability might be one of the most important thing in keeping a successful reef.

That is weird because I have found a few large pieces of squid that my Anemones puked up a few days earlier and have seen parts of a few Porcelain crabs laying way in the back and under a rock and have never had my ammonia spike like that.

I have had sponges dying along with a few Gorgs and no ammonia spike.

Maybe I just have a good bio-filter and a ton of bacteria I didn't know about heehee.

Maybe starting with 80lbs of Live Rock helped in some unknown way.

I have also had a sand storm and never got a spike.

Lastly about the fans. How much can they really lower the temperature. I can see how they can keep it from getting high from hot lights but my tanks is about 79 with the lights off and 80.5 with them on so I know the heat is coming mostly from the pumps and powerheads because it was always 76-77 before I added so many extras.

Last edited:
I know little_fish but I like it colder. I love cold water I love it.

I just read it was good for keeping your fish from bad stuff(sometimes)

Back