Amn issues part 2

reefkeeper55

Reefing newb
Amn is still around 0.20 or so using a new API test kit..got some good advice from fastrd last wk and have left it alone but it is taking a long time to come down..haven"t done any more water chgs since last tues and thurs which were 30 gal each..probly added fish way too early I'm sure but now that its done should I continue the water changes or justl let it run its course? Havent used Stabillity or Prime in 5 days...thanks in advance for any help....:frustrat:

Forgot to mention to anyone seeing this post and not the earlier ones this is in a 65 gal FOWLR with a sm Regal Angel, Tomini Tang and Foxface....been up and running about 4 wks...tks

If the fish are still in there, water changes until it gets to normal levels. If they are in a QT (and i suggest moving them into one) then leave the tank alone till it solves itself.

I'm with Hannah, if fish are in the tank, you need to do water changes to keep the ammonia as close to zero as possible. If you have someplace else for the fish to go, I would take them out of the tank and finish cycling.

If you have no where else for the fish to go, you might want to look into something like BioSpira to get some additional ammonia consuming bacteria into your system - but make sure you get a fresh bottle if you decide to go that route

Back