Amount of Live Rock

Apestyler

Reefing newb
In the next week or so I am going to start shopping around for live rock prices, although I've had alot of peope give me conflicting information on how much rock I should order.

I've been told 10Kg, 15Kg, and 20Kg - Your thoughts on this would be appreciated. I have a 220 litre tank (56 US Gallons / 48 Imp Gallons)

Minireefer, thxs for the rough guide. Indeed that is alot of moolah over here that would cost roughly £500. I have already got a couple of base rocks some tufa (5kg) and some other ones which are hand carved with some bolt holes (Roughly 2-3Kg each). I think I will get 15Kg to begin with and some more base rock like u suggested

I'll keep an eye on that auction (pretty high poastage costs though). A good guide price is £9/Kg (most places include delivery with orders over 10Kg)

I'm in the processes of ordering equipment for a new reef setup. I've been advised elsewhere that I can get away with a reduced amount of live rock, as long as I stock the tank according the the amount I have. Is this correct?

Live rock helps the biological process along so the more you have the better your filtration(1.5 lbs to 2 lbs) to save money you use dry calcium-carbonate base rock for the bulk and good live rock that will seed the dry base rock.I listed a sites that has good base rock and some explaination

Back