amphipod predators

poolshark181

Reefing newb
i need a good amphipod predator to kill these little :pooh:s preferably something other than a sixline that will get along with my 2 clowns and firefish. thanks

A mandarin... But you would have to supplement its diet with frozen food. Make sure you buy one that demonstrates that it eats frozen in the store.

If these amphipods are mysis size or smaller than a mandarin will work.I think in a 28g.They will finish them off in a hurry and starve so you either going to need to add live pods regularly which can be expensive or find one already eating frozen.

I have amphipods in my tank. The kind I have look like a little shrimp without any claws. I've been reading up on them and it appears they eat nuisance algae. Mine are mostly nocturnal.

Is there some reason why you want to get rid of them? Do you have a different type of amphipod? Maybe a type that is considered dangerous?

I have amphipods in my tank. The kind I have look like a little shrimp without any claws. I've been reading up on them and it appears they eat nuisance algae. Mine are mostly nocturnal.

Is there some reason why you want to get rid of them? Do you have a different type of amphipod? Maybe a type that is considered dangerous?

yeah, i got the ones that snack on the not so nuisance zoanthid frags in my tank. lost a colony already. and mine are the same type that you described. beware

a mandarin? i dont think it's wise to put one of those in my tank...like others said, he'd starve to death. so the only other option is a sixline?

How about a yellow coris wrasse?
I like them better than the sixline and they love to munch on bugs in general.

yeah, i got the ones that snack on the not so nuisance zoanthid frags in my tank. lost a colony already. and mine are the same type that you described. beware

a mandarin? i dont think it's wise to put one of those in my tank...like others said, he'd starve to death. so the only other option is a sixline?

You mean these:
http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/0404/amphipod.jpg

Top left. First picture:
Melev's Reef - Visual Identification
Click the other links there to see more photos of amphipods.

Back