Amy and Zack's 55 gallon

I was just looking through old pics and realized my stuff has grown. I wish it would grow faster because I feel like my tank still looks bare. I guess when you buy tiny 5-10 dollar frags it takes awhile. I'll be coming home from swap in a couple weeks with a bunch of stuff so that will help fill it in. These are my first corals I got 6 months ago. The kenya I thought was a gonner because I lost it under the rock it is growing out from when it was tiny. I drove myself crazy trying to retrieve it for like a week before giving up. It came on same frag as 2 buttons which are now 10. If you look at pics from when I first started this thread you can see the the growth.
A couple random pics of Ginger the retired carpet surfer and Willie watching me take pictures.
My newest addition of bluish/purplish mushroom rock and finally, a full tank shot tonight.
I just replenished my cleaner crew from reefcleaner this week. The reddish/brownish on sand in corner of tank disappeared so I'm thinking it was just diatoms. Now, I'm getting some green hair algae so hopefully the new crew will help with that.
Oh, one more pic, I'm pretty sure my frogspawn that I won in raffle 3 weeks ago is splitting.

Attachments

• kenya now.jpg
    kenya now.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 289
  • buttons now.jpg
    buttons now.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 245
  • star polyp now.jpg
    star polyp now.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 246
  • ginger tank.jpg
    ginger tank.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 283
  • willie.jpg
    willie.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 262
  • mushrooms.jpg
    mushrooms.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 242
  • tank now.jpg
    tank now.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 254
  • frogspawn splitting.jpg
    frogspawn splitting.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 281
Tank is looking good. I to have bought some really small frags and with out the pictures there would be no way I could tell if things where growing or not. On of the biggest reasons for my tank thread is so I can look through it a realize just how far it has come.

Back