An Ich vaccine

That is super cool!

The problem now, he added, is that "we do not have the way to [grow] large quantities of the parasite. It's very difficult. I hope that someday, someone can solve this problem."

Ummm I don't think this guy has visited the Living Reefs boards lately...

But I see what he's saying. In order to make a vaccine, you need A LOT of the parasite. If they can find something to grow it on other than live fish, I think they'd be all set.

Too bad they are only working with freshwater fish. Ichthyophthirius multifiliis is the freshwater version of ich that they are working with. Saltwater ich is cryptocaryon irritans.

Too bad they are only working with freshwater fish. Ichthyophthirius multifiliis is the freshwater version of ich that they are working with. Saltwater ich is cryptocaryon irritans.

Ha. Didn't even notice that. Perhaps the technology is transferrable between the two.

I was interested in the possibility that fish can become immune to Ich.

I have Ich in my tank. In the last three months each of my fish has gotten it really bad and gotten over it. I picked up a pink tail trigger about two weeks ago and only it has Ich now. So I was having some wishful thinking that maybe my fish are super fish and are now superior to your guys's sheltered QT'd lil princesses. :mrgreen: LOL

I was interested in the possibility that fish can become immune to Ich.

I have Ich in my tank. In the last three months each of my fish has gotten it really bad and gotten over it. I picked up a pink tail trigger about two weeks ago and only it has Ich now. So I was having some wishful thinking that maybe my fish are super fish and are now superior to your guys's sheltered QT'd lil princesses. :mrgreen: LOL

Hahahaha! "sheltered QT'd lil princesses" hahahahaha!

Back