And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

Well after a major tank crash, I moved all inhabitants over to a 10 gallon tank, broke the DT down and restarted it. I held all of the rock in a bucket with tank water, took out all of the water and sand and replaced. I got to the point where I was hating the black sand that I had in there originally because every time the clowns would be near it, they would cause a sand storm to blow up?

I replaced the sand with dry argonite sand. Here are pictures of the new setup.

FTS:

101_0443.jpg

Right side:

101_0444.jpg

Left side:

101_0445.jpg

Tunnel:

101_0446.jpg

I don't know what happened really. But I pulled everyone out and put them in a hospital tank until I could get the tank rebuilt. So far everything is ok. I'm still pulling out some dwarf cerths out of the hospital tank, but everything else is doing ok. Though I did lose my hammer and torch to brown jelly. I'm just going to let the new build coast for awhile. My zoas are coming around, I was really afraid that I was going to lose them too, but they are starting to open back up.

I did lose Herman my cleaner shrimp, I will eventually get another one, but right now I don't want to add anything. I'm not planning on adding anything else for about 3 weeks or more. Except a couple of macros and some chaeto for the fuge in the back.

Thanks Erin. Right now that is all I'm going to add. I'm going to wait for another couple of weeks before I even think of adding anything. I'm getting the RO water together today so I can have my salt mixing tonight and tomorrow do a water change.

Well I did the full range of tests. These are the results.

Temp: 79.3
Specific Gravity: 1.025
PH: 7.8 (lights have only been on for a couple of hours)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
dKH: 8.6
Calcium: 460
Phosphates: 0
Magnesium: 1440

How is your nano coming along? I am strongly considering this system as my way to dip my toe back into the hobby. Are you pleased with the overall function?

Back