And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

good! now hold your breath for a week and see what pops up, when you think its settled put a deli shrimp in a net bag and let it rot, start checking till you see ammonia then some nitrite, might be real quick so check daily, when trites are gone your ready

Well right now I have a spread sheet that tracks the chemistry. Let's see if I can get it to post here. I also have graphs that track that data to the side. Before you say anything, yes I am a computer geek. LOL Right now I'm trying to figure out how often to test. I'm thinking once a week right now.

Date Time Temp Salinity PH Ammonia (NH3/NH4) Nitrite (NO2) Nitrate (NO3) Alkalinity (dKH) Calcium Notes

Now that would be rediculous. I'm not into wasting test kits. Espeically since I have to drive and hour to get them. Yes I have a Petco close, but my LFS is an hour away and I have a feeling that their kits are rotated on a more consistant basis.

Well its starting to clear up...finally.

101_0360.jpg

Nope haven't seen any HH yet. I did do a reading earlier.

Temp: 78.9
Salinity: 1.024
PH: 8.0
Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate not registering yet.

LOL Nope not going to go that route. If I need to do anything to start the cycle, I'll just throw a table shrimp or something like that in there. I'm not going to kill a fish just to do a cycle.

LOL Ogaawd. I really have no wish to be yelled at for using a fish to start the cycle. Besides I think cageburn was joking. Well at least I hope he was.

You know I do keep noticing larger bubbles coming off of the rocks. Both the base rock and the live rock. I'm thinking its just trapped air in the rocks themselves, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I always get those bubbles in my tank right before I see an algae bloom. You'll probably see some kind of algae growth where all those bubbles are in the next week.

I hope not but if it happens, it happens and I'll deal with it then. I'm hoping its just air trapped in the rock since this is a new tank. And no I didn't use tap water. Its RO water.

Back