And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

I would rather not put in fish yet. I can wait until the end of the cycle. If I feel the need to jump start the cycle I can either add fish food or a table shrimp.

it may or it may not show, if it was cured at the store and didn't die off, if its got dead organics a couple of days? get a deli shrimp from the store, put it in a mesh bag or nylon stocking (fish net type is trendy?) let it rot and wait for the nitrites to pass

Actually we have some frozen shrimp in the freezer. It was cured at the store and like I stated before, it never really dried out at all. It was in wet newspaper for about and hour and half before it was put in my tank. Thing is when I test for ammonia the water doesn't even change to the color of 0, it just gets cloudy. That's it. I'm wondering if maybe the ammonia test has gone bad.

nah, it wouldn't pollute the water that quick, the shrimp are fine for this, there is nothing at all wrong with creating an ammonia cycle all it will do is provide a good strong base for when the fish come

No I'm wondering if my test is bad because it doesn't cause the water to change color at all. When I put the drops in the water in the test tube just turns cloudy.

what kit is it? you could get some water in a cup and give it a squirt of windex or ammonia and test that, if there is nothing to react with it won't show anything

Its an API Master Saltwater test kit. I got it at my LFS in Wichita. I figured their tests are rotated more than at my local Petco. I'll try you Windex tip.

Ok it was a complete DUH to me. Helps if you read how to do the tests correctly before doing them. I feel dumb now. So here are the updated results.

Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0

Well I tested at lunch.

Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0
PH = 8.0
Salinity = 1.023

So on the recommendation of others on here, I put in a table shrimp.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA bookmark this post right now, next he'll want his own pond to float ducks in, when the fish come try and get him to feed them he be doomed lol

Back