And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

Well I think we can say that the cycle has officially started.

Temp: 78.5
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.2
Ammonia: 1.00
Nitrites: .25
Nitrates: 0

Needless to say I took the shrimp out. :)

Last edited:
This I did not know.

This new Nano Cube features twenty-five 3 watt 14K LEDs for daytime viewing, four 3 watt actinic/466nm LEDs for dawn and dusk effects, and two 1 watt moon light LEDs.

I always assumed that the daylights were 1 watt LEDs, not 3.

I'm sure if you give it some time you'll see some. My nano has been running for almost a year now and to this day I'm still finding new HH.

Looking good, love the black sand, quite an effect. Hope cycle finishes soon, see some fishies, I need pictures!! :D

Its a little cloudy because I just got done cleaning the rocks with a turkey baster.

101_0362.jpg

Here you kinda can see the diatoms.

101_0363.jpg

I think I need to get a better camera.

I'm starting to see these on my live rock as well. I'm thinking they are feather dusters, but I'm not really sure. They are practically microscopic.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

Thanks Biff I was hoping you were going to say that. I was really hoping they weren't aptasia. Though I did noticed that our Petco is now carrying Aptasia X.

Okay, today's test results.

Temp: 79.2
Salinity: 1.024
PH: 8.2
Ammonia: .50
Nitrite: between .25 and .50
Nitrate: 20

Today I also took care of the hydroids with loctite superglue gel. While I was doing that I noticed some pineapple sponges on the bottom of the rock. Those I just left alone. I also had to replace the digital thermometer because I accidently zapped it with static electricity.

Last edited:
Back