Andrews First!

Yeah as far as Goby's not liking substrate like that. Mine seems to like it just fine.

As far as a protein skimmer I would check out this one Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002 (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Protein Skimmers > In-Sump > Venturi > Up to 100 Gallons ). I have thinking about getting this one and I know some people that absoultly love this skimmer. Or you can check out this one: AquaC Nano Remora Protein Skimmer with Maxi-Jet 900 Pump (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Protein Skimmers > Hang On ) I know some people that have used this one instead and they like it. I personally would go with the Tunze but thats just my :twocents:

Aragonite is the best choice for sand. If you get crushed coral, you won't be able to keep sand-dwelling animals and it can lead to water quality problems down the road when it gets clogged with crap.

I recommend the Aqua C Remora Pro for a HOB skimmer. I think it's the best HOB out there.

And I used to have those 48" Nova Extreme T5 lights. Very good lights. Go for it.

Update. Put in the live rock got my lights and skimmer good show. However after putting the live rock in I found a little snail crawling around in the tank. I know snails that come on live plants in freshwater are a pain in the ass, was wondering what these guys are. I tried taking a picture however it wouldnt come out.

Hes quite small. Shell is sort of a cream colour with a brown spiral pattern.
Ill try to get a pic, cant promise it will come out well lol

Back