anemone behavior

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
ok so i bit the bullet and bought a pink tipped BTA
it did so well that i thought i would buy a rose BTA

my clowns took to the nems almost imediately, and are still hosting

the question

my rose BTA deflates, everyday when i get home from work it is totally deflated and looks dead, then as evening aproaches it reinflates and seems to be fine

i dont want to move it because i figure if it didnt like where it was it would move on its own

i also dont want it to die and crash my tank

has anyone witnessed this before???

Try this site:
Caring for Rose Anemones the right way - INTRODUCTION

Her anemones always close up and look dead at certain points throughout the day and it is normal behavior. She also states not to move them once they are placed.

Good luck :)

you know, that could be a really awesome site, but i just cant sit here and read through all of the gramatical and spelling errors.
(and i cant spell for crap, so if i'm getting tired of it, it must be bad.)

you know, that could be a really awesome site, but i just cant sit here and read through all of the gramatical and spelling errors.
(and i cant spell for crap, so if i'm getting tired of it, it must be bad.)

Your welcome to let me know where the spelling errors are.
It appears there are many???
I have everything proof read and sometimes things get overlooked.:!:.
I

I dont know where they are either. I just read a little on that site looks good to me. To be honest I cant really see myself doing anemone anytime in the near distant future but seems to be a informative site. I did notice that the sentences jump from time to time but that might be because I use Mozilla I have noticed that on other sites as well.

Last edited:
I love the site. Very informative. I always go back to it and read about certain items, cleaner crew etc. I didn't notice any grammatical errors. Maybe it is a texas thing. :)

Zoots humble opinion
personally i would rather have good info thats spelled wrong
than hard to understand info thats spelled correctly

I think it is a great, well rounded site thats species specific, and has tons of great info on it

+1 Zoot
However I'm not convinced that the karen post is actually karen. I think someone is messing with you project5k. Wonder who it could be :question: :dunno:

Thanks for the replies.
I run spell check on everything I type on my site and so if the person who made the remark that he could not read it because of all of the errors would like to come and let me know where ALL OF THESE ERRORS ARE. I will be happy to fix them.
I don't like when people post this sort of thing on line then not back it up.
Karen:question:

Dc. This is Karen of Karensroseanemones.com.
How shall I prove it to you?

Well my friend yote is looking for a new anemone.....

Karen if that is you, then I wouldn't worry in the least about any spelling errors on your site. You have a terrific site and should be very proud of it. Project5k is just a little grumpy form time to time, that's all.

Thanks Dc.
I just hate being dishonored on any website.
I have software that lets me view every site where my site has been brought up and found this one in the list.
It is the first time I have had this brought up and it bothers me that someone would post such a thing on line instead of emailing me.
As posted on my site my email address is [email protected] should you decide to make sure that it is Me. Owner of the site. I will be happy to reply back if there are any questions as to who I am..
Being grumpy is not an excuse for upsetting someone however.

Karen

wow Karen I really dont think he was trying to offend you. Now I did mention in one of my post that i get sentence drop offs when I was reading on your site. For example: I would be reading along and then i would be over here. with a big gap or just down a few blank lines and the sentence would continue. It does make it kinda hard to get the flow of whats been read. Now I think that its not your site that is at fault for what I have been seeing. I use mozilla not internet explorer or netscape. I have seen this on other sites as well. I think the search engine just reads things a little different. Anyway I enjoyed the site thought it had very good information on it. If I ever decide to keep anemone I will know where to look for advice.

Go Karen
I love the site
it made me very comfotable to have an anemone, and also very comfortable with some of the strange things they do
I reccomend it to anyone who has questions about BTA's

Well my friend yote is looking for a new anemone.....

Karen if that is you, then I wouldn't worry in the least about any spelling errors on your site. You have a terrific site and should be very proud of it. Project5k is just a little grumpy form time to time, that's all.

Aint no anemone going back in my reef,even though I like em:D

Back