anemone behavior

Thanks all. I encourage anyone who has been wanting one to give it a try.
With the right set up and the right care taken they can live for many years in a home tank.
Thank you Zoot. Happy I could help

Karen I hope you'll join us here more often. We sure could use a resident anemone expert. :bowdown:

Agreed.It would be awesome to have an anemone expert on board.And we're really not THAT bad a crowd:D

100% agreed i had a long tentacle for a long time but when shit went bad with it it went real bad i wish i had pics of it it was huge.

Yeah,Nearly $1000.00 worth of Acros turned into white sticks over night.My feelings was hurt to say the least.
But I also been thinking about setting up a dedicated anemone tank here lately.

Wow I just learned soooo much about anemones which I previously knew nothing about. Welcome to the site, and thanks a bunch for the info. :mrgreen:

Zoots humble opinion
personally i would rather have good info thats spelled wrong
than hard to understand info thats spelled correctly

I think it is a great, well rounded site thats species specific, and has tons of great info on it

True dat

Karen, your website is truly a blessing to the reefing community. You even helped me save my rose last year by pointing me in the direction of separating it from the maroon clown that was hosting it. It has now fully recovered from bleaching, and even recently split!

Yote: If you get another nem, with your luck, do you think it would come with a mantis hitchhiker? ;)

Hi all, well thanks for the invite. I belong to many sites around the world, what is one more?:)
So will be happy to give assistance when it is needed.
Sounds like a fun crowd here so will take a look around for the Anemone forum and see what's happening.
Karen

Yote: If you get another nem, with your luck, do you think it would come with a mantis hitchhiker? ;)

If I got a mantis hitch hiking with an anemone,I think I would quit right there:shock:

yote, I only was trying to get you hooked up with an anemone after I thought you were saying you wanted one again. Sorry 'bout that.

Its cool David.I would love to have another anemone,or several for that matter.Just not in the same tank as my corals.If I had time to keep up 2 tanks,I'd have a full anemone tank,with nothing but anemones in it.Just dont have enough time right now.

welcome karen i just had my pink tipped anenamie split im soooo excited:bounce: now i have 2 skunks hosting one nem and a maroon clown hosting the other. sweet:bowdown:

My Ritteri Purple Foot anemone (which I posted on another thread that it never moves) decided for the first time to make a move. I came home tonight and it had moved to the top of the tank upon a piece of live rock.

I hope I don't get the curse of yote! :lol:

welcome karen i just had my pink tipped anenamie split im soooo excited:bounce: now i have 2 skunks hosting one nem and a maroon clown hosting the other. sweet:bowdown:
Hi Joker, wanted to mention that having a maroon clown with new splits can and will cause problems for your new baby Anemone.
If your clown is very aggressive in his Anemone. Like diving into it, sucking on the tips of the tentacles as they always do and steal their food,you will need to remove it.(the maroon)
Unless your Anemone is at least 5 times larger than the Maroon you will have problems with your Anemone.
They will usually stay closed up most of the time and won't eat because it has had the food stolen so many times that the insides of it's mouth is irritated.
So keep a watch on your Clown ok:shock:

Back