Anemone dissappeared...seriously!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
So many of you may remember I have had 2 Anemones since basically day one when I started my original 80Gal back in December/January.(NOT RECOMMENDED)

Of course in my 220 which has been running with population for I think 1 1/2 months or something like that.

Well one loves the far left and one loves the far right side. I have 2 mated 4.5 year old clowns that until recently had a ton of eggs on the right side below where the Anemone was. Same rock just under it.

The Anemone just vanished one day. Not kidding. I saw it and then 2 days later I was like huh... where is that thing. I thought it was on the back side of another rock but searches came up empty. I have seen them go into hiding before and reappear later but normally you can always locate them.

Immediately after I realized it was no longer in the tank I called the cops to report it missing..just kidding I tested the water and tested it about every 2 days and never did I see any spike of Ammonia nor the rest of anything bad.

I am now wondering if it is possible the Clownfish killed it and ate it. It had to have been consumed very fast and it was not tiny. It was pretty decent in size. Like a baseball but with arms that were long. 5+ inches on average.

Anyone have any input on this. The other Anemone is plump and just the other day had a scallop.

Last edited:
Ya, probably still i there somewhere.
As far as I know, no clown (or any fish) eats a nem and lives to tell about it. If it dies, it basically melts away.

I can see the area where it would be from almost any angle.

It has been about a week and a half or 2 weeks since I have seen it.

It would have to be shrunk up this whole time and under a rock.

Is it possible it died and there was no spike in the Ammonia? I don't really have a large load on the tank. It is a 220 with about 14 fish. At the time of it's death it would have had maybe 12 fish, 10 corals.

Here is a photo of the way the rocks are but there are many more corals in there now.

Attachments

• Anemone-Pic.jpg
    Anemone-Pic.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 283
Back