anemone emergency! please help me asap!

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I had an extra powerhead so I put it in the 29 gallon for a little extra flow. Well apparently the rose bubble tip Anemone decided to move. He attached himself to a snail! And the snail is carrying him around! What do I do? I just turned off all the powerheads so it doesn't get chopped up. Do I just let it be until it attaches someplace?

Pull the anemone off the snail and set it somewhere. You can bother it's foot with the dull edge of a butter knife or with a credit card until it lets go.

That's quite a predicament. If it comes back out, I would say try to tickle the foot loose of the snail shell. Hopefully the nem moves itself away from the snail quickly. Good luck!

Yea its a bad thing. If my nem decides to attach next to a coral that's really gonna suck. So I covered the powerheads with mesh and turned them back on and now I have no choice but to wait...

Just keep it away from the power heads (mesh was good idea). That kind of sucks but it's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time thank you for that haha.

thats really funny, but it takes a while for a nem to kill corals so try not to stress. i had one parked over my acan garden for like 12 hours with no coral death

Not to change the subject, but you have a Marineland Reef Capable LED on your tank don't you? I'd really like to get a Bubble Tip for my 36 and I have a Marineland too. Aside from the nem taking a ride on the snail is the light working out good to keep him healthy? I may have to get a nem if it is.

This video made my morning haha,:) Thanks Britt. I needed it it ,im sick.Hope it works out for ya though.

Last edited:
Back