Anemone help

They may not host it at all. There's no guarantee. Usually, given some time, they'll move in to it. But some clowns are dumb and host the powerhead forever.

You can print out a picture of a clownfish, or cut one out from a magazine. Tape the picture on your glass near the anemone. It's supposed to entice the clowns to come check it out. Then when you have friends over, they'll think you're crazy for having a tank setup for your imaginary paper fish...

haha that sounds funny but ill give it a try... ill have to move the nem to a different corner so its close to the glass

My friend she has a Amem. and her clows never did. It stays in her mushroom. Now that is not alot of information for you but I have read that sometimes they will not host the Anem. but when I was at the lfs sat. I saw one in the amem. my anem. does not host mine, not yet anyway. I can`t until Wed. my new light will be in. I hope that maybe my anem. will move some more...maybe not....he moved up the rocks as I built my rocks higher, I think he maybe looking for more light, not sure. He lays out nice on the rocks them sometimes he will just suck hisself up inside the rock :shock:
not sure what, that is about. He eats well and i feed him like every morning when i feed the other fish. Some say only feed them once a week twice a week, Im not sure what is the correct way. I was reading one guy had his for a long time and he feeds his every morning so I guess if you have any tips on how to feed pass them along. Hope this could help in anyway.

yeah the light is here, got the nem in yesterday and he moven through out the night to a different spot... i ws just asking so i knew what to look for if it was dying or not.

right now im just trying to figure out a way to feed it. I fed the tank with Marine Cuisine today and i dumped it all on top of the anemone hoping it would get some of it but i dont think it did... i also tried to hand feed it some krill which it also didnt take.

+1 Dustin
Anemonies are natural planktivores. They don't naturally eat big chunks of anything. They also contain zooxanthellae which produce food for the anemone from light.
I never directly fed my anemone.

alright thanks for the help, i just remember people stop fed their anemones so i figured they needed it... i guess ill just give him time and hopefully he'll come back around

alright thanks for the help, i just remember people stop fed their anemones so i figured they needed it... i guess ill just give him time and hopefully he'll come back around
you can do it cause its fun to watch them eat and it might help them grow faster but itll live its full life, grow, and prosper without never being feed

would a Black Longspine Urchin do any damage to anything in my tank? I just got one free but im kinda worried that my eel might get injured in it or any of the fish... should i be worried??

i dont think there would be any problem i had one for a long time until it got to big for my tank and it caused no harm.

Back