Anemone help

I'm going to disagree with Dustin and Capt on feeding anemones.
I dont think they can enough planktonic foods in our glass boxes.They may get some,but I doubt its enough.I used to feed my BTA a raw table shrimp,silver side,piece of clam,and other biggers foods once a week.I kept it a little over a year before I traded it.You can see it on the left side of the tank.And this was in my 75.
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x199/Yotehunter/?action=view&current=75FTS.jpg

I traded it after it walked across the tank one night and wiped out a couple hundred dollors worth of corals.

I appreciate it. I think I will scrap the anemone idea. I just dont like the idea of them moving around the tank and possibly stinging my coral to death.

I'm going to disagree with Dustin and Capt on feeding anemones.
I'll fall back and reference my sebae which I've had about 5 years and never fed it. I would consider keeping a sebae alive and healthy for 5 years somewhat of a success.

I'll fall back and reference my sebae which I've had about 5 years and never fed it. I would consider keeping a sebae alive and healthy for 5 years somewhat of a success.

I would too.
Would a sebae have different dietary requirements from a BTA or S. Haddoni? Condylactis (sp?)?
My RBTA will eat good size chunks of silverside and krill/raw table shrimp pieces, but I cannot say if it is keeping it alive or just an unnecessary treat. My LFS told me only to target feed it rotifers and shake a few mysis onto it daily. Then I read online to feed large meaty chunks of shrimp and fish. Who knows exactly? I sure don't. Anemones are creatures we still have a lot to learn from.

i wont worry about it then... ill probably just feed over it when i feed the tank, and if it wants to pick some out of the water, then it will, otherwise ill give it time to adapt.

I also think its regaining some color. He moved again and i swear he moves to the most akward spots, the light doest even really hit him, but ill just let him be for now.

If the nem is moving away from the light, does it mean he's getting too much of it? Is there such a thing as too much light for an anemone? He's moved all the way beind my rocks where i cant see him at all unless i look from directly above the tank and i would want to move him back to the front. Should i do this and put him lower or leave him there since he will move back there again anyway...

An anemone will move if it doesn't like the light it's getting, the flow it's getting or the water parameters it's in. If it's happy it won't move. You can try to put it where you want it, but IT has the last word on where it will end up. ;)

this morning i woke up and the anemone had a bunch of brown looking snot coming out of its mouth... is that his guts? I'm leaving for spring break for a week and having a friend feed the tank, but i dont really trust them to take out the nem if its dying and needs to be taken out.

Should i take him out?

From what I've read here, he's probably just dropping the kids off a the pool. If you know what I mean. ;)

SO i noticed on my GBTA that some of his tentacles are starting to grow random tentacles. Like branches. Anyone see that before???

really they crap that much? This was a pretty long brown slime coming out of it... i just dont want it to die and wipe out my tank

That's poop for sure if its coming from the mouth. If it was dying/dead, the mouth would be totally gaping open and the foot rotting away into pieces. And very shriveled up. (NOT what she said!)

Back