Anemone in 3 month old tank?

I really like SPS and I want to do mostly them. But then there's a problem, they're the hardest... Maybe I could get 13 soft coral frags and keep just them for a few months and then, once the tank is more mature and I have a bit more experience with them, I can get a ton of SPS! :D

Here I go again setting myself up to fail... :sad:

The spreadsheet looked fine to me. Feather dusters are mostly useless in bit tank, everyone, even my lfs says they disappear very quickly, melt away, or even get eaten.

SPS are incredibly hard, so first, learn how to test for magnesium, alkalinity and calcium along with all your normal tests. They need pristine conditions to grow and if they dont get it will crumple and die quickly.

If I were you I would start with soft corals and move into LPS corals, as they can be a little bit harder. Then after the year is up get your first sps an start getting 1 a month. Because its all about learning how much calcium they use up and making sure you replenish that and also making sure they get the right levels. They are EXTREMELY difficult and I got into them way to early, and that was 10 months in :(

Have a search of this forum, I know I have asked a million questions on sps, a few of the mods here are pretty awesome at it so they have given some amazing advice.

Otherwise I ask my lfs :) but mine is trustworthy so thats another story haha

Back