Anemone question????

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I saw a condy at my lfs today and it looked really good, the only thing I noticed was the foot was a clearis white color instead of red. Is this common? Is it bleached? I want to buy it but if its not normal then I'll pass. The rest of it looked good, the arms are not deflated and has good color, all but the foot.

never know with anenomes sometime my green bubble tip is expanded sometimes its shriveled up cause clown fish messes with it to much

Thanks anyways. I have read up on there needs, and about them but have never come across a white foot. I did do a search and found a site that said sometimes you will find one with a white foot and there ok as long as the rest of it is, such as the tentacles are not defflated and the mouth is not wide open. I might buy it, I want to make sure I can care for it before I spend 50 on a bta. I would rather lose a 5.00 anemone over a 50.00 one. My only problem with buying a condy is I'm worried if it will hurt my fish or corals. So now I'm debating if I want to take a chance, I guess if it does try and get to close or hurt something then I can take it back and I'm only out 4.58 which is not much.

yote said:
Dont know Bobby,sorry
HELLO YOTE....my little question is that i have two inbreeds clown fish i my tank for about 2 months now ..their big... a tomato and a sebae..(i have some pictures posted...) but they doesnt get into the anemones..should i find new kinds of anemones?? or somtimes the clowns are lazy?? the anemones i have are the ones that cost 5.00 dollars that has green tips or red tips in their tentacles i guess the comon ones..thanks for any info

If its a condy then there not known to be clown hosts. I dont know about the sebae but I think the tomato clowns are not as picky about there host's. You can try a bta (bubble tip anemone), IMO that would be the easiest anemone to take care of, and a better chance for a host.

Im going to agree with Bobby rigo,Spme nem dont like hosts.But then again,sometimes the clownfish just dont like the nems.There just like people,some are easy to please and some aint.

I had a Sebae(Clarkii) clownfish host a Condy many,many years ago.

I guest what I'm saying is clowns are like woman....finicky...ooops!

RigoSharon said:
HELLO YOTE....my little question is that i have two inbreeds clown fish i my tank for about 2 months now ..their big... a tomato and a sebae..(i have some pictures posted...) but they doesnt get into the anemones..should i find new kinds of anemones?? or somtimes the clowns are lazy?? the anemones i have are the ones that cost 5.00 dollars that has green tips or red tips in their tentacles i guess the comon ones..thanks for any info

i had a sbae clown and a skunk and they loved the sebae anenmomne :Cheers: but the emerald crab ate the skunk and the sebae died from ich :death: :pooh: :frustrat: :grumble:

If you do have a condi, you can bet that nothing will host in it. For other anemonies, you can try placing a small laminated color pic of a similar clown near the host. I haave a maroon who would not host in the long tenticle that I got for him. I waited three months and he did nothing but stay in the fuzzy mushrooms. I stuck a pic of a maroon clown near the long tenticle and he hosted in three days. Good Luck.

-Dr Marco:sfish:

How would I un-attach a bubble tip anemone from a pvc pipe located in an overflow section?
If you can remove the pipe take it out of the water and hang it just above so that the anemone is dangleing just above the water. It will reach for the water to try to get back in and let go itself. May take a bit of time though. Could be couple minutes .Could be couple hrs.

Back