anemone split

karisfish

Reefing newb
So I was away from home for 4 days and I came back and noticed that my rose bubble anemone split! I am not sure if it is stressed out or if it is happy? I have only owned it for about a month. It has always been fluffed and eats well. both were very fluffed and happy and they are staying close together. When should I try and feed them? I am so new at this saltwater stuff i did not even know they could split.

They reproduce by splitting like that. I'm no anemone expert but I'm pretty sure they are happy and healthy when they divide. I have a green bubble and about 3 weeks ago I accidentally tore mine in half when I was moving rocks around. Luckily both pieces of it survived and are looking really good. I fed them the next day when they were both inflated so it's probably safe to feed yours now too if they look good. Congratulations on your new anemone

Anemones tend to split for two reasons: they are happy, or they are stressed and dividing in half doubles their genes' chances of survival. It sounds like yours split for the first reason. Congrats!

I also just had a anemone split a few days ago..had to do some reading to find out more.. as biff says it is for two reasons,Everything I found out said if they split and stay near eachother then it was a happy split, but if they move to different places in the tank it was due to stress..
Not sure how true it is but found that in several places..
good luck and congrats... :D

Woot! Good stuff, mine split due to stress :shock:

about to get onto saving this tank today! :bounce:

Back