Anemone Trouble

SoccerPro522

Reefing newb
I got a Haitian Pink Tip Anemone for 8 bucks, its been doing fine until this morning. I went down and found it all pulled in. I checked the water the salt was at 1.021 and the nitrate nitrite and ammonia at 0 pH 8.0 but the water was according to the test hard , but the anemone has been fine living in the hard water until this morning. :lavalamp::lavalamp:

You might want to slowly raise your salinity to about 1.025 or 1.026 over the next few days. 1.021 is a little low for inverts.
Nems do like to suck themselves in though. If its flesh isn't falling apart it should be ok. Get it the heck out of the tank if it does start to fall apart though!

Its flesh is fine. Do they like to pull themselves in when they move because when it was pulled in it moved pretty far more then i thought a anemone could move in a short period of time. Thanks for the advice on the salt ill try to do that

The great minds are right:D
Slowly bring your salinity up over the course of a few days.The easiest way is to just top the tank off with saltwater until its up to 1.025-26.

Back