anemone

fshgnut

Reefing newb
my rock anemone dug into the sand at the bottom of my tank when put in the tank which has live rock. Only the top is above the sand. my question, is this normal?

are you saying it attached its foot to the bottom of the tank and everything else about the anemone looks normal and healthy? If so its fine, my anemone also had its foot buried in the sand and stayed put for months. But as capt said, a pic would help.

If it is a rock anemone yes. But like the other said a picture would help. My rock anemone is attached to to a small rock on the sand bed and most of the time you don't see his foot.

I had Rock Anemones that did just that. They are tough buggers. They would move around and attach to the LR and I would scrape them off and they would still come back.I finally killed all three of them.

DC you sure you had a Rock Anemone some times call Flower Anemone and not aptasia or manjos. Mine is still on the same rock that I got him on. They like it at the bottom of the tank with light flow and grow and look a lot like a large zoe.

Yea that is a rock anemone. That is weird that they moves. Most I have read on them is the don't move that much and they like it on the bottom of the tank sometimes right in the sand with only their disk showing. Unlike what they said mine doesn't like strong water flow. When I got mine it was bleached. Since he has been in the place he is in now he has started getting color back. I realize that he may never fully color up. But at least I know he is doing better then when I got him.

the picture that dcantucson posted is the one that i have also. I moved it to the rock and it moved back to the sand and buried itself right to the top. some sand keeps going into the center and i brush it out by moving the water over it

Back