anemone

Anemone are considered a expert only animal, even the easy ones. First off, tank should be well established, at least a year and extremely stable. Lighting is a huge factor as well they need extreme light. If you fail with a anemone you basically set a bomb off in your tank. They are extremely cool creatures, I have only had one in the last 20+ years and it killed my tank. Now back then we didnt know much about them. Today there is so much more information. Please do your research. :twocents:

I agree with everything Ted said with the exception of the bomb part. I have killed a couple anemones trying to figure out how to keep them in the beginning of learning this hobby and one of them was even chopped up in a powerhead. I have never experienced a tank crash because of it. Everyone has different experiences.

To answer your question about flow---BTA's like some flow but generally not direct flow. I bounce some flow off of my glass to keep their tentacles moving around. As far as settling they may find a place pretty quickly while others search for that right spot. Just keep in mind that it can decide to move again even after months of staying stationary.

Good luck!

thanks for the info, and yes i have done my reaserch i just counldnt find anything about flow, he's settled in quit nicely, he opend right up when i introduced him tonthe tank to, so this are okay for bow, thanks again

Back