Anemone

prheart69

Reefing newb
Just had a question. Been doing salt water aquarium for about two months now and was at the store and guy suggested I add an Anemone to the tank. Was the first time I ever thought about getting one of these since didn't know much about them. But got one and put it in fish tank. When it was in the store it was looking stringy and all. I did the process to get it used to the water in my tank and all for about 2 hours then put it in the tank. It looks way different than it did at store. To me it looks really healthy but since don't know much about them and am still new at salt water tank decided to look for advise and see. Here is a pic
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 343
It's a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone. It looks very happy, and is extended nicely. However, if you've only had your tank up for 2 months, you run a serious risk of killing it off. New tanks aren't stable enough to support anemones. The LFS you are dealing with sound like people who like your money, a lot. I'm sure it cost you a pretty penny for it too. Wish you the best of luck on it, and for future advice, check with people on here before doing something a LFS tells you. They'll sell you something they know your tank can't handle, simply for the money. And, guess what. When it dies, you have to go out and spend the money on a new one. So, yeah, do some research before making a purchase! :p

Rbta all look a bit different. It could be lighting or stress or just normal for it. My rbta doesnt bubble up very often. Typically mine stays in sweeper tenticle mode all day and reduces size at night.
I too got my nem after 2 months of my tank being up and is doing great yet. It moved once to split a few weeks back and moved back to its origional spot. They bring alot of money once you can split them, but you should keep a very close eye on you stats for a few months to ensure good water quality. They are a blast to have and good luck.

Welcome aboard

Back