Anemones

WEGOKID

Reefing newb
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to keep an anemone alive for more than 2 weeks. My tank is 1 year old and i tried on several occasions without any success. I have 2 mated Percula clowns and i would like to find an anemone for them.
I tried a magnificent and a bubble anemone, but both of them only lasted for a short time.
Lighting and water parameter are good.
Any ideas??

Welcome to the site. not much information to go on. I can only recommend to provide complete details of your system, full list of water parameters, and how you acclimate the animals. also water parameters from where you purchase the animals, then, maybe a thought or two on some things you might do to help the animals acclimate. one of three things come to mind of the problem, either water circulation, lighting, or something attacking them assuming all your water parameters are good. Temperature is another item of concern. should be fairly constant. At this point if you really want to keep anemonies I can recommend a book that would be an asset to your library. ANEMONE FISHES and their host sea anemones by Daphne G. Fautin & Gerald R Allen Revised edition 1997 ISBN 0 7309 8365 X. hope this helps. good luck keep us posted.

Thanks for your reply.
Being a novice as which i am i appreciate all the help I can get.
I just install a chiller which may have been my problem. I notice that all my corals are doing a lot better now and maybe i will try an anemone again.
Thanks again for your help.

Back