Anenome farm

jwaf

Reefing newb
Me and my friend are starting an anenome propagation tank. We will mostly be dealing with rose bubble tip anenomes. In my 90 gallon I started with 1 rbta and it eventually split into 3. Two of them are 5" and one is 2.5". I will be moving the smaller one into the propagation tank. The tank we are using is a 20 gallon tank lit by t5 lighting. For flow we are using a maxi- jet 1200.for filtration we plan on just water changes unless we end up getting fish, then we will probably get a HOB protein skimmer. In the tank we are having it bare bottomed with some rubble rock and ceramic pots or tile.

Right now the tank is 3/4 the way full and has some rubble rock in it left over from our tanks.

Added a the small rbta to the tank. Also two trochus snailsTank - 20 gallon glass aquarium
Flow - Maxi- jet 1200 (295 GPH)
Light - 24" t5 light 2 bulbs
Heat - Aquatop heater1 - small rbta
2 - trochus snails

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:
This will be a cool build. But I will say that I have a 20 long with 1 Koralia 425 and its not enough flow so I'm adding another this week. And I don't have anemones to worry about, either, so maybe consider adding a lot more flow.

Looks nice and healthy. I like the yellow tang photo bomb. :)

I did notice after I posted that you're using a 20 tall, not long, but I would still watch it. You're barely at 15x turnover, which isn't much. Like I said, I'm adding another powerhead sometime this week when it arrives so I will be at 42.5x per hour and I don't plan on much SPS, just a couple strategically placed.

I'm done stealing your thread now. Can't wait to see what comes of it!

In my nano tank my mini carpet anenome was getting big so I fragged it and added it to the tank. Also the other rbta is doing good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 310
Back