anenome getting eaten

I couldn't find one of my nemlets this morning and to my surprise, it was in the mouth of my open brain coral. Check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 313
Wow, usually the nems kill the corals by crawling and stinging!!!!

Guess the Trachy got a nom nom.....

How did you get it out?

I pulled the obc and put it in a 16in dish. I kept lightly tapping on the flesh of the obc to close up. Finally i seen the foot of the nem and pulled it.
I took it to my lfs and got 200g worth of salt. SOLD!

I would say that obc is king of the tank. Ive saved hermits, serpent stars, and now a nem! Its getting to big for my tank, i think i may need to get rid of him soon.

Mario, does it have more then one mouth? If it does, try fragging it? Take it out of the tank, and wrap a rubberband in between the mouths. Then put it back in the tank for 2-3 weeks. As it expands, the rubber band will start to tear the flesh. Then, use a wet saw and carefully cut where the tear is to complete the seperation.. Then give it a couple of weeks for the flesh to heal up and you have two OBC. And they sell for quite the pretty penny :)

I'd only frag one mouth off for now lol (If you do it). Then give it a chance to heal up and regrow a little, then frag it again. You could easily make 100+ in store credit that way lol

Back