Ange Pico Contest

I just got home and discovered what looks like another mushroom that is the same size as the first but it is sort of transluscent. Also, I forgot to mention that I late last night I was looking over my rock with a little LED flashlight and is a crevice there was a red spot. When I shined the light on it for a second, the edges turned yellow. Any ideas on this one? :D

Oh, and will a snail clean that stuff off the rocks? I have a couple of small Astrea snails in the other tank and I could move one over for a couple of days.

Mushrooms are doing great, I'm still trying to figure out what the other little red thing is. It is like it has an on/off switch because it closes/changes color so fast when I shine the light on it. I think I am taking an astrea star out of the other tank to see if it will do some cleanup work on my rock.

Thanks! They just seemed to jump right in my hands at the lfs. :D I am going to try to get a pic of the second mushroom and that other little thing that I don't know what it is.

My mushrooms are growing! Especially the translucent looking one. It has gotten much larger. I might actually be able to get a pic of it now. Unfortunately, I seem to be growing some brown stuff on my rocks. I dropped one of my Astrea snails in there to see if it will take care of it. It really liked my intake the first day, the heater the second day, maybe it will eventually like the rock and do some work on there.

OK, here are some new pics. The first one is the 'shrooms. The red one is obvious and the translucent/pink one is to the lower left of the red. It has gotten significantly larger since it first showed up. The second is the tank as a whole. The third is the side of one rock, don't know what the white thing is, it is not soft, it is more like a barnacle, but not round like a barnacle. I am assuming the red stuff is coraline only it is raised. There are several patches of it on the rock.

Attachments

• IMGP1345.jpg
    IMGP1345.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 382
  • IMGP1346.jpg
    IMGP1346.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMGP1349.jpg
    IMGP1349.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 361
This is video of the little red thing that changes in a flash. The change happens at the 20 sec mark. Someone tell me what this thing is! :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0eMZ1mSLA[/ame]

I have one of those in my tank. It is a tube worm. It's kind of looks like it's changing colors but its just going back into it's tube. Mine does the same thing when I shine a flashlight on it.

Back