angel fish?

i wanted to add angel fish....i have a yellow tang,naso tang,blue hippo tang,foxface,2 clowns,cleaner shrimp,and a coral banded shrimp...i wanted to add an angel fish but...like a dwarf angel....i was thinking a bio color angelor a flame angel... can i have a bigger angel fish if i take out my cleaner shrimp and coral banded shrimp.....i am upgrading to a bigger tank, im saving money for a 210g...i do have corals....

I don't think the larger angel will harass the inverts, they will destroy corals though. If you do get a dwarf angel, I'd suggest the flame angel, they are so beautiful.

right now i only have 2 big fish....the rest are small....i think theres alot of room...right now...and i can tell my wife that the fish tank is to small for them....so she will let me upgrade sooner...:D

You can try it in a 125, but dont be surprised if it doesnt work out. If you add them at the same time, the odds are better for them getting along

Well if he is big then maybe. I know in my tank my angel is the dominate fish, but if the tang has him beat in size then ya might have problems

i wouldnt put 2 angels in anything under 200 gallons. they can get very aggressive. also im going to have to disagree on the stocking of the tank. you have 3 tangs in your tank and all of them are rated at 125 gallons at least full sized. and your tank is 125 gallons for all three of them including your other fish. and the angel your planning on adding.

Jeez, and I thought little_fish was the ultimate fish police.

Flame angels can be hit or miss and pick at zoos and other corals. With coral I'd go with a coral beauty since they are typically reef safe and very colorful.

i wouldnt put 2 angels in anything under 200 gallons. they can get very aggressive. also im going to have to disagree on the stocking of the tank. you have 3 tangs in your tank and all of them are rated at 125 gallons at least full sized. and your tank is 125 gallons for all three of them including your other fish. and the angel your planning on adding.

He said he's upgrading.

And even if you count all the tangs as two fish, it only adds up to 9. He could have 12 to 14.

Back