Angels and Brains

BigH55

I'm that guy
I picked up a maze brain this weekend and I noticed my juvy emp angel really likes to hang around it. Do they tend to pick at these? I see some little whitish spots on it and am thinkin its bite marks. Also, if needed would it be okay in my PC lit frag tank?

Well the deal with angels is its really case to case basis. I have a favia and a koran and he does just fine with it. But they can be known from time to time to eat things. How often are you feeding your angel too? If they get bored and hungry they are more apt to "explore" their tastes. If you get some spare time to observe it I would sit there for a long amount of time and are what happens. That's how I found out that there was no way I could keep zoanthids with my angel. I know there are a lot of lps you can keep with angels. But you also never know with them. And that's the whole risk for the beauty that is totall worth it.

Last edited:
The only other thing I can thnk of is if its after you fed the tank if some food settled in the coral. But that would be a stretch. He's probably just trying to eat it.

+1 Alexander
Anytime you have an angelfish in the tank,theres a 50/50 chance it will take a liking to coral flesh.

Back