Angler and Frog fish

hermione423

Reefing newb
I've been doing some research on frogfish, cause I want one soo bad when I get my tank going, and it seems to be they only eat live stuff...can anyone who has one give me some info on them?

I don't have one but from what I've heard most people are able to get theirs to eat frozen food eventually, so have some live food under your hat. And be ware what you put in with them, they have been known to eat fish nearly their own size...

+1 Alex

If you are dedicated about it, you can train them to eat frozen, which is much healthier than just feeding them the feeder shrimp throughout their life.

But, like Alex said too, they will try and eat anything they can fit in their mouth. Considering you are going to do a 55 gal, he will probably be able to eat most of the fish you can put in that size tank. You could do a predator tank and do the frog fish, maybe an eel and a dwarf lion fish, but the clowns, and other attractive fish will most likely end up as lunch.

Well, maybe it would be better to get a separate smaller tank and put a frogfish in there by itself then...would it be okay as a loner?

We picked up our frogfish about 3 months ago. It took about 2 months to get her on frozen. She was eating ghost shrimp till then. She has her own tank and owns every inch of it. She's walks all over. Not to much swimming. :sfish:

Back