Angler

rdang

Reefing newb
I was thinking about doing an angler tank since i recently got some sargassum grass (made me think of them!). I was looking at the prices and could not believe it! The small ones are around $99, but if you want one thats 7'' to 9'' $600!:twocents:

For that i could drive 6 hours to the keys, rent a boat, troll the weed lines, and grab a live well full of them lol

Angler Fish, Frogfish - Aquatic Connection

Those anglers are cool fish.We've got a black one at the store,that I'm surprised hasnt popped from being over fed:D His favorite food is yellow tail damsels:lol:

Those anglers are cool fish.We've got a black one at the store,that I'm surprised hasnt popped from being over fed:D His favorite food is yellow tail damsels:lol:

:lol: Yellow tail damsels lol. Fish has expensive tastes, we would get along. I bet the black one looks cool. Anglers are neat, they dont move much, but it would be really fun to watch them eat stuff. Can you have corals with them? :question:

Last edited:
:lol: Yellow tail damsels lol. Fish has expensive tastes, we would get along. I bet the black one looks cool. Anglers are neat, they dont move much, but it would be really fun to watch them eat stuff. Can you have corals with them? :question:
I've read that they are reef safe, just not around inverts and fish that they can swallow whole, but they will not bother corals.

+1 Smitty
Their safe around corals,but fish and inverts will become food the eventually.The one at the store is in one of the frag tanks.
We had a yellow and red angler,but some girl bought him the day he came in.

+1 Smitty
Their safe around corals,but fish and inverts will become food the eventually.The one at the store is in one of the frag tanks.
We had a yellow and red angler,but some girl bought him the day he came in.

There is a lot of sargassum grass washing up on the beach near me. What are the chances of me finding one at the beach lol. Maybe ill get lucky and stumble upon one.

I read that when they eat it looks like a rock ate the fish because they keep so still!

Just need some more live rock and a skimmer. If I find one at the beach im throwing him in fur shure though:bounce:!

I doubt you'll find an angler washed up.They may not look like it,but they can swim pretty dang good.

Yeah, im hoping i can find a little one that is in the weeds, and hasnt washed ashore yet. If I dont, then i still got to go to the beach :helm2:

also gonna try to find some brittle stars, but i dont know if this is possible at Fort Desoto beach :question: :Cheers:

I had a red one for a while in one of my species tanks. Be sure to feed a variety of foods. My red one eventually turned brown so that he could match his enviornment, so if you get a colored one you will want to put in the same colors as he his.

They are awesome to watch especially when they walk across the bottom. :)

Back