Another Battle

Bluespace

Reefing newb
Can someone remind me again why I'm in this hobby.. Looking at my tank the other day I notice some damn flatworms. So now I need to take the steps to get rid of them. Seems like every time I look at my tank I have another issue to eradicate. Dead fish, ich, flatworms, aiptasia, nudibranches, algae problems, does it ever end?????:frustrat:

Sorry to hear that...this hobby can be mentally and emotionally challenging, but the reward of accomplishment is even greater and satisfying. Hang in there, and in due time, you'll look back at the trials and tribulations, and feel good about your success. :)

Smitty seeing your post reminds me of what you went thru with your wife and some bleach. Makes my problems with my tank seem laughable.

Thanks for the encouraging words fellas.

That sucks :( Luckily flatworms are beatable. I've had to deal with them too. All of these problems are ones that most of us have had to deal with at one time or another. This hobby takes persistence, dedication and perseverance. You will beat them!!

Good luck man. This hobby does require an extreme amount of patience. You do gotta admit you get a seriously nice reward for all the work though.

I think everyone has the time of LOVING and EXTREMELY HATING this hobby, but its all part of the fun and SUCCESS at the end. Good Luck!!!!

I'm extremely hating this hobby at the moment. After realizing what it's going to take to cure my flatworm problem I'm at my breaking point. Not to mention I found my bluespot goby dead this morning. Since I moved him from the DT to the QT it's been a downhill slide. Never could really get him to eat..

Just read Biff 90g downgrade thread in the showcase. You'll feel better. If I was Biff, I'd would be using my tank as a giant litter box for the cats...

You gotta admit though, when that tank is up, running, and clean it sure is pretty to look at.

+1 PRC. Biff sure has had her own problems with this hobby. I know everyone has and it will pass just pisses me off. I don't deal well with things out of my control or expertise.:grumble:

I'm extremely hating this hobby at the moment.

I'm with ya bro! haha

Its even worse if you know how much money you blow on it! xD I have the disappointment of knowing this as well... =(

Love it during times of flourish, hate it during times of trial :*(

sorry to hear that blue space sounds like you have had a run of bad luck :(.We both started the same time blue space and the same size tank kinda of ironic!, it sucks losing fish,

I had flatworms and treated them with flatwormXit and accidentally overdosed like 5x the amount. I then followed with 50% water change. The flatworms survived! I treated again and again and they survived. I fianlly found out that many flatworms are benign. They finally went away on their own or maybe my 6line ate them. In your case, I would treat before they get out of control.

Like Sen, I had to add 10x the dose of Flatworm Exit to my tank, and it killed a lot of them, but some of them were still alive. I ended up removing all the rocks and corals that I could see flatworms on and doing a quick freshwater dip to knock out the remainder of them. I think there are still a couple here or there in my tank, but definitely nowhere near the number there were before.

Back