Another coraline question.

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I have Coraline growing on my pumps and rocks. It is now growing on my front and side glass but not the rear glass. The back of my tank is painted blue with a coat of black sprayed on over the blue so no light could get through...... My question is since no light can get behind the coralline and its not a pours surface is that why I can grow Coraline everywhere but my back glass?

LOL, Yote. Nice way to get your post count up without saying a damn thing! ;)

I also find that coralline grows better on my front and side glass than the back. I don't see why light would be an issue, as most of the light is coming from above and will be distributed equally among all four sides. But who knows.

You could be right hawk.
I got good coralline growning on the back glass,and I'm getting tired of scraping it off the front glass.It would probably grow on my rock if I can ever get rid of the hair algae.

Biff,
What ever it takes doll.This post will make 4,399.

In the pictures of your tank . I see the back glass is VERY clean looking.
Do you scrub off the back glass?

I think the coraline is just trying to be closer to you, it loves you. Thats why it grows where it blocks your view of everything else, its jealous you like the ugly rock more.

I think the coraline is just trying to be closer to you, it loves you. Thats why it grows where it blocks your view of everything else, its jealous you like the ugly rock more.

I know I'm a HOTTIE, I didnt know other species and organism where atracted to me though.

BTW I love the quote, mad me laugh my @$$ off.

give it time. the more corals you have the slower it tends to grow on the back of the tank. You need to make sure the glass is clean from caked on green algae crap. That seems to help as well. Coralline does not seem to like to grow where green algae is already established and vice versa

-Doc

Back