Another critter in my tank.

dwinzent

Reefing newb
OK OK i know i have been posting alot of basically useless ID threads lately but this one is kinda odd and when i see something in my tank i didnt put there it kinda scares me. lol so anyway i have been mysteriously been finding what i am pretty sure are dead hermit crabs in my tank. but heres some background when i first set up my 120 about 2 years ago i bought about 15-20lbs of LR and i had purchased 10 hermit crabs for that tank not sure what kind but they didnt look like the ones i have now. when i took down my 120 because i couldnt take care of it i put everything in a spare 30 i had been using as a refugium (or fugimama as i liked to call it). after the 30 was set up things pretty much went dormant. it was a fowlr tank so i just had a t-12 over it and let things take their course. all my hermits died along with my precious fighting conch, a purple psudochromis, a percula clown and two turbo snails. so my remaining count was one perc which i still currently have. now i have got back into reefin and set up my biocube 29. when i set up the new tank i bought 3 blue eyed hermits? i thats what my LFS called them but i have never heard of them before. and recently like within a week i found two things that look like their bodies laying in the tank but all three are accounted for. I know none of my store bought ones from the first 10 survived the dormant stage and i think i would have noticed hitchhikers when i had my 120 up if they were there so what could these be? they look just like my new hermits and have claws and everything. do they molt or something like shrimp? i would be very interested in this if someone could tell me. i may be able to pull this one out of the hole to get a better pic if necessary. Ok now that my life story is over heres the pic. sorry for the long post i thought background would be necessary.

Attachments

• crab.jpg
    crab.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Back