Another Fresh Fish!

DiceX

Reefing newb
Hello, everyone!

I've owned many fresh water tanks in my life and have always wanted to make the big move to salt water. I'm planning on doing several more months of research before starting one.

Ideally, I want to start in the 50-100 gallon range but I'm patient and plan on doing it right the first time. I know I have a lot to learn and you guys can expect to be bombarded with questions as I go. For now, I'll be reading the boards because I know 99.9% of these questions have been answered here at length.

I look forward to being a part of the community. :Cheers:

Hello and Welcome!!

Please ask all questions you want, the only stupid question is an unasked one. Being a well informed reefer will save you tons of money and heartache.

Hello and Welcome Aboard!! Lil Fish is right. Only stupid one is the one not asked!!! We have many experts on here and can help you with anything

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

One question that I have right off the bat is how much of a pain is it to move a salt water tank? I'm going to move around April and wonder if I played around with a small 20 gal tank, how hard is it to move and keep everything from dying? I probably wouldn't put any fish in it, just corals to move to my big tank after I move and set it up.

I'm not opposed to keeping the 20 gallon after I move. I just thought it might give me a head start and get my feet wet with it.

I've been looking through some of the aquariums you guys have and they are wonderful. :Big Hair:

It would be pretty easy to move a 20 gal as long as you arent going too far. Just keep everything wet, and I would ditch the sand.

Could someone please direct me to existing threads specifically about clowns and gobies?
That's probably where I'll start but I'd like to get tank mates that they get along with.

I know some clowns get attached to corals in the tank, but what about gobies? Is there anything that you can put in the tank to keep them happy and help them thrive?

gobies are actually very easy fish to keep and there are so many threads about clowns, you are probably better off just asking your question here.

But its always nice to go through and read the old threads, lots of good information in there, even if its not on a topic you have questions on at that time.

Back