Another new member...:)

fh64lucky

Reefing newb
Hello,I joined this forum mainly to catch up on all the new stuff out there to help maintain aquariums.I have had my 75 Gal. for over 13 years now.It is self contained last 5 or so years.By that I mean,I have no filters ,no skimmers,no water changes,nothing but HO lights which I seem to get used to,after a couple years I bought a new bulbs only to realize mine were putting out the spectrum of yellow.I still use my sump for circulation purposes only now.I have white sand,6 fish,over 200 pounds live rock.Over 100 mushrooms of different kinds,1 huge anenomie,lots of other lil things.....all in all,its my baby.:mrgreen:
There is just one issue I need to adress,and I will search which place here to ask that question.
Here is a link to my setup... http://www.putfile.com/pic/8366314

Last edited:
Welcome to the reef.
If your not doing any water changes.How are you replacing minerals and trace elements?

I dont,have not added any chemicles in years!Thats what I mean about zero work tank...:mrgreen: I work alot!I just payed alot of attention to it through the years,and figure I dont want to pollute my tank with stuff I was not sure was helping....:D

What do things test at? That just goes to show the filtration of the live rock. Did your shrooms color up a little with the new bulbs?

Its an unconventional way to do things glad its working out for you.

I stopped doing water test years ago.Things dont change much,I have no hair algee anymore,that left about 5 years ago.Its just a very balanced system.Its worked for over 13 years now....:mrgreen: Im just "Lucky"

Over the years,I have seen many complicated setups.They look great for a year or 2.Eventually,they become alot of work.I read about the Berlin system long ago,and set my aquarium around that.I of course cannot have just anything in my tank,some things will take more than I have to thrive in a setup.Honestly,I have not met anybody that has had a aquarium as long as I have had around here(Deep in the heart of Texas!):mrgreen:

Back