Another "Pick My Fish" Thread

LFS has 3 Flame Angels in stock. They've been there about 3 weeks. $25 each.

Good thing they are closing in 15 minutes. Maybe tomorrow.

My :twocents:. I am hypnotized by mandarins, especially the psychadelic ones. I'm hoping to get one after my new tank cycles.:D

Two cardinals. I renamed my pair "Domo" and "Arigato" because they are like creepy little zombie robots.

You think I got enough tank for 2? I think 3 would be so cool, and my wife actually thinks it would be cool to have a little schol of the same fishies.

My ex cardinals hung out together but rarely swam around together.They like to hover in one place.I think you have enough for two.

ARGH!

2 Cardinals?

1 Flame Angel?

This is hard, because I know this is the last time I add fish to the tank. Unless I have another abduction or an actual death.

You guys are BAD! Evil!

I like my wifes cookin' (among other things) too much to mention a larger tank right now. I WANT to, but I can't. I'm just so thrilled that she even takes an interest in what types of fish and corals I have in the tank. This is the first time that she and I have had a hobby together, and it's cool. The kids even love it. It's been great for the family. I spend more time with my kids. We talk about fish and I teach them about nitrates and copepods. I show them pictures of copepods and all manner of corals on the net. They help with feedings, after I prepare the food. It's just great.

I can't mess this up by asking her to spend another $1500 on a larger tank. That's probably what it'll cost me for a 100+ gallon tank.

I gotta just make up my mind on the last fish and have fun with this 30g for now. I do think it's a bit unique. I haven't seen another 30g high tank with a reef yet. Wish I had more light, but it's fine for entry level zoas, polyps, shrooms and a few fish.

Cardinals?

Flame?
:HELP!: :mrgreen:

3 cardinals

I had 2 bangaiis for 9 years that had babies every 24 days that I could trade to the lfs for other stuff.. right now I have 4 PJ cardinals that are breeding but are yet to carry them full term....

oh yeah and send secret messages to your wife through the kids for
A BIGGER TANK :)

Someone mentioned the mandrin goby (green mandrin goby or the psychadelic)... awesome fish. You should show your kids a picture of one, they'll think that it is awesome too! I vote for one of those, and a flame! You would need to make sure that it is eating at your lfs first b/c they can be tricky to encourage to eat aq food if recently caught.

I don't really like the mandrin goby. I know, I'm weird.:shock:

I have a 6-line wrasse that eats the pods in my tank, so I don't want to introduce another fish that eats pods. I don't have THAT many pods. I think the wrasse would eat all the pods and the mandrin would eventually starve.

You are correct, he probably would starve if you don't have enough pods for both... regardless of the starving, if YOU don't like them there is no point in getting it! I guess that is why it was not mentioned as one of your choices :) therefore, I say go for the flame!

It's tied up:

2 votes for Cardinals

2 votes for the Flame

Tough choice. I drove by the LFS today and they have 3 Flames. One of them has been there for a couple weeks. It's tiny. Really tiny. Like 3/4" . I like small fish though. Gives me time to watch them grow. The little one is $23 and the larger ones are $25. But, the bigger ones are about 2" already. Thats a little big for my tank right now. I haven't one yet. Still deciding. My gut is telling me that 3 cardinals are too much bioload for the tank.

Maybe I should just wait? I just put the new 6-line in the tank on Monday.

Flame Angel
Theres your tie breaker.

Heres an idea for you.
Tell you wife you want to buy HER a tank,and help HER pick out the best corals.Then through in that with a bigger tank,the kids will be more interested and it might just be the ticket for them to go into marine biology.:beerchug:

Back