Another Plumbing Question

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Ok Im finally plumbing my system. My question is as follows, I know it is best to use two 45s vs a single 90, how much flow loss will I get if I use the 90s. It wil be on the sump return one inch lines from a mag12 to two 3/4" bulkheads. I may be forced to use a tee fitting as well as Home Depot sucks and doesnt carry 1" wyes let alone a 1" true wye. My only only other option is to use a 1.5" wye bushed down to 1". What is the best way to do things in this situation.

Im asking about the 45s because I want to know if the 2-3 extra inches away from the wall are worth the amount of flow they will save.

According to that with the head height with a tee using 90s Ill get 812, tee using 45s Ill get 810. With the goofy wye set up Ill get 839 using 90s and 837 using 45s.

Dont get the theory now about two 45s being less restrictive!

Sounds like that calculator is off to me.Going on airflow here,so I could very well be wrong.But 45s should only restrict half as much as a 90.Unless you use a sweeping 90,which is basically just 2-45s back to back.

If Lowes don't have it Home Depot usally does. I have one of each near me so they both get my bussiness.

Lowe's all the time. I needed 3 things for my remote fuge this weekend, went to Home Depot because it was on the way to my other errands, and Home Depot had NONE of the 3 things I needed (eggcrate, track lights with grow bulbs, and vinyl tubing to hook up to my MaxiJet). They were OUT OF STOCK for the eggcrate, OUT OF STOCK for the lights, except for two lamps that were BROKEN and still on the shelf, and they would only sell the vinyl tubing in 10 foot lengths. So I went to Lowe's instead, bought my eggcrate, bought my lights, and had the vinyl tubing cut to the length I needed. Lowe's all the way, baby.

I hate HOME DEPOT!!!!!! The problems we had with them when we were remodeling our house and adding on.........I hate HOME DEPOT!!! The only time I feared my wife might go to jail for murder was at the HD customer service desk.

If Lowes dont have what I need,I usually go to Ace.Between those 2 and basspro,I can get about anything.

Bass Pro, Harbor "broken" Freight, EBay, and Lowes. Pretty much covers it for me.

Dustin,
Bought some cabinets from HD while remodeling. While bringing them to the front of the store, 6weeks after they should have come in:grumble:, they droped some of them on the floor and proceeded to run them over with the forklift. Then they tried to get an attitude with my wife because sheeeeee didn't want to accept broken cabinets with tire tracks on them. Finally called headquarters and two weeks later got the rest of the cabinets and got about 6 people fired.

Dustin no offense buddy but this is my thread. If you really want to talk about Home Depot with me again I will gladly tell the world why it sucks. I understand that your mother is employed there and thats not a bad thing. They should let their products speak for them not their sons. I willing to bet that most employees would be embarassed if one of their kids ran around bashing their competition every time one of them was mentioned. What do they have to be affraid of if they are so good? Their lumber sucks ass, if I had a buck for every warped board in all of the home depot stores Id be a millionaire many times over. There plumbing selection is attrocious, and highly unorganized. They are rediculously overpriced. The only good thing that they do normally have is their home and garden section for live plants and trees but Id rather go to the mom and pop nursery or greenhouse and spend my money locally.

If Lowes dont have what I need,I usually go to Ace.Between those 2 and basspro,I can get about anything.

Sorry Yote, but you just have it backward ... you go to Cabelas *first*, even when its not Christmas, then to Bass Pro if you don't see what you want at Cabelas :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

As far as Lowes or Home Depot, I go to one of those when I want something where quality is not an issue. If I want quality, I go to Curtis Lumber or some other local hardware store.

Back