Any Gamers out there?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Waddi, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Waddi

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

I'm not really into computer games, but my entire household, minus me, is obsessed with Minecraft. I'm all for retro pixel games. But I just don't get Minecraft. I did, however, make a Minecraft Chicken head for Halloween last year LOL At least the kids have a bonding point with their dad ;) We even have a server that their friends play on with them. I guess it could be worse...they could be obsessed with the really realistic bloody games.

I've been oddly obsessed with Tiny Death Star on my phone. I didn't care for Tiny Towers (same creators), but I'm lovin' helping the Empire eliminate the rebels. I've killed off Luke Skywalker numerous times Hehehehehe.

wontonflip, Aug 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Waddi

Waddi Shenanigans? VIP Member

League of Legends. ESO. And people are trying to get me on Archeage.

Waddi, Aug 12, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Waddi

Zissou What about my dynamite? VIP Member

Went back to Final Fantasy XIV online. It's all I've been playing, trying to get everything I can before the expansion.

Zissou, Aug 21, 2014
  4. Waddi

Tried to download the new Smash Bros game on WiiU....NEEDS 15 FREAKIN' GB!!!! LOL I have the 32GB WiiU, and I only have 11GB left. We have lots of games downloaded already. So just ordered an external hd for the WiiU.

wontonflip, Nov 22, 2014
  5. Waddi

cthegame

I built a brand new gaming PC two days ago and oh man, what a difference compared to my 6 year old stock PC brought for $400 lmao....anyone still playing games with a console is forcing me to face palm! :D (personal attack directed at Wonton tee hee)

Question for the computer pros: I have a i5 4690k processor running at 3.9ghz...would I notice any real difference in my gaming (but especially when i stream the games) if i overclock this brand new processor? Is it worth to OC it for gaming? Strictly for gaming, should i be more focused on CPU or GPU?

My GPU is ASUS Radeon R9 280X-DC2 3GB

Thanks

cthegame, Nov 22, 2014
  6. Waddi

bjohanson1234 .........

I would say add a second GPU would do more than overclocking the CPU. But it has been quite a while since I had a gaming machine and the GPU was usually the bottleneck in the system for gaming.

bjohanson1234, Nov 22, 2014
  7. Waddi

At least I didn't just go "tee hee" :thumbsup:

We have 3 desktops dedicated for games (mostly minecraft LOL) I'm strictly console...and strictly Nintendo :p Byte me! See what I did there? :ROFLMAO: I crack me up.

Speaking of which, hubby is totally building an arcade! He got a Raspberry Pi to run all the games :D He also has the arcade buttons and joystick. I get to decorate it with --- wait for it -- ZELDA art!

wontonflip, Nov 22, 2014
  8. Waddi

motorcyclereefer I am Graffiti Petey

missing link.jpg

motorcyclereefer, Nov 22, 2014
    Aquarian, wontonflip and ErinCahir like this.
  9. Waddi

Ian Administrator

I don't think you'd notice much of a difference if you overclocked that CPU, as it's going to be fast enough for any game at the moment. GPU is where it's at for games, once you've got a decent CPU anyway. There's no harm in doing a little CPU OC though :), assuming the temps are ok.

Ian, Nov 24, 2014
  10. Waddi

Got the hubby an early x'mas present -- PS4 on the condition it gets hooked up in the kitchen TV instead of the basement because I would never see him if all his computers and the PS4 are down there LOL

wontonflip, Dec 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question