Any idea what this is?

Any idea what this is? There are several of these around my tank. At first I thought it was just algea but it's getting bigger and furry as time goes on. Thanks

Attachments

• Green Stuff 01.jpg
    Green Stuff 01.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 310
  • Green Stuff.jpg
    Green Stuff.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 285
Algae happens. Maybe you feed heavy or you have a couple of dead spots in your tank. Emarld crabs work great on hair and bubble algae. If you go this way, investigate the emralds at night because once they eat all it up, they tend to eat polyps. I store mine in my sump and feed them algae pellets once in a while, if the dt has some algae growing in it, it just put them up top and a couple of days its gone. Beaware....... Crabs are farting machines! You can smell the fart bubbles!:-)

Thanks Mario, I think a few times I have over fed my tank and this might be part of the reason. I have some hermit crabs in there as well but they might not being doing enough to offset that. I have Macroalgea in my sump do you think I could keep them in my sump if needed?

Thanks Mario, I think a few times I have over fed my tank and this might be part of the reason. I have some hermit crabs in there as well but they might not being doing enough to offset that. I have Macroalgea in my sump do you think I could keep them in my sump if needed?
Yep, i do have cheato with no affect on the algae. You need to remove microalgae to physically remove the phosphates and nitrates. Dont remove alot at 1 time, smaller amount to prune it.

Crab farts i seen on deadliest catch and it made me laugh. I thought this would be a good time to put a joke in. It makes sense to me! :-)

Back